Saturday, May 1, 2010

We Just Need Some Windmills and Wooden Clogs Now!

My front yard looks like a little bit of the Netherlands right now with all the gorgeous tulips.



One of the best surprises that came with our house were all of the spring flowers that bloom.



We've lived here for over two years now, but the first year consisted mainly of clearing out the weeds that choked the front, moving the patch of daisies around to the back (which I now want to move again, but Chris refuses...) and removing years worth of leaves from around the house. I only noticed a few spring blooms then, but was pleasantly surprised nontheless!



Well, our little neglected cottage was appreciative, so after we thinned and transplanted that fall, last spring we really started to see a difference in how cute our house really is.


And then this year the crocuses came before anyone else on the street, quickly followed by mini-irises.


Daffodils followed thereafter:


And then came the tulips:

I had forgotten that I had a variety of colors, and still have lots on the other side of the front porch that are still getting ready to bloom (so stay tuned for that post!)


Yup, just like the Netherlands in spring...




Well, maybe not.

But they sure put a smile on my face!


3 comments:

MrsMonicaLB said...

my thumb is in no way green like yours!love the flowers!

Slamdunk said...

Those flowers are looking great. Between the kids and the new dog, even the trees and bushes are taking a beating at our house.

Somer said...

Your flowers are lovely! I wish we could get flowers to grow at our house. :)