
Thanks, Slamdunk!
To accept this award I have to name ten things that make me happy. Easy!
- My kids: seeing them smile, make sweet and random comments about life, make their presence known in the womb by kicking and moving (to a limit, of course!), watching them sleep, playing with friends and working things out.
- Basking in the sunshine on a windless day during the summer, where I can lounge in a hammock and be at peace with the world.
- Yoga, especially prenatal yoga combined with hypnobabies.
- Presentation of and eating well-made food, from homemade comfort dishes to 5 Star dining.
- Being able to converse with fellow cop wives and knowing that they totally get where I'm coming from.
- Accessorizing outfits with jewelry, shoes, and handbags; basically just being a girly-girl.
- Make-up, especially when I find just the right shade of lipstick and liner, or the miracle mascara that makes my eyelashes look longer than the stumpies they are (still on the search for the perfect brand that doesn't break bank!)
- The satisfaction of getting household tasks accomplished, though I'm not always happy while in the process of doing them!
- Babywearing and the upcoming event of the International Babywearing Conference that I helped make possible, in my own little way!
- When Chris dotes on me by getting or doing things that he knows I'd like, even if he thinks it's silly.
And now to share the happiness; I chose the following cop wives because it makes me happy (refer back to #5) to read their blogs, feel privileged to know them personally or in blogland, and have become a better person because of them through one way or the other.
Momma Val
Kimber at The Tower Blargh
Mrs. Fuzz at A Police Wife
Lynne at The Sickinger Fam
Stephanie at Because of Love


5 comments:
Thanks Natalie!!! Great list. I am with you on some of these for sure, like 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, & 10. I'll be posting mine some time soon. Did I mention that you r-o-c-k?!?!
Aw...thanks, Natalie! It's been sort of a sucky day...this may just be the project I need to get back some positive perspective!
thanks natalie! I will do this soon. Your blog makes me happy too by the way.
Thanks for accepting Natalie.
On the household tasks, we can relate. It is a never ending list though--it seems like once one is done there are two new items added.
THANK YOU so much Natalie:) And sorry I am picking this up so late. I took alittle lazy time to recoop lol:)I also enjoy the reading your blog, all part of the sisterhood
Post a Comment