Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Came Early


Over the last few weeks, I've been really enjoying my little yellow crocus buds in my front yard. Suddenly, all these mini-irises decided to join in on the Spring celebration!


The grass is dead and the trees have yet to bud, but I have my own little spring collection, before anyone else in the neighborhood.



In fact (and I haven't been looking very hard because crocuses are tiny), I haven't seen any other local spring blooms in the whole community, so I feel kinda special that my flowers decided to make an early appearance.
The daffodils are quickly showing signs of following suit and the tulips will be right behind them. I LOVE IT!!!!!

2 comments:

Momma Val said...

YEAH!!! Thanks for the post. We just got snow today after weeks of warmth and sunshine and rain. UGH! So disgusted to pull out the boots and fleece baby suit again after a few no coat or light coat days.

MrsMonicaLB said...

thats great and isnt it so refreshing when you see flowers blooming,I love Spring!