Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Babywearing

This post is first in a series.



I just love babywearing, which is simply the act of wearing a child in a carrier. It just seems natural to me to have them "close enough to kiss," the motto for BabywearingInternational.org, while keeping my hands free for daily tasks. Especially now that I'll have three little ones to nurture soon.
First and foremost, I want to make sure my children are safe as I raise them in this crazy world. What mother doesn't?

Check out the interview on proper babywearing that our local news did after this article came out on infant deaths in slings.

As the host of the 3rd International Babywearing Conference (IBC) this June, education towards proper babywearing is one of the main goals we have for the conference, and what better opportunity to share this knowledge then to show HOW to properly babywear?!

In fact, it's one of the things I look forward to when our third arrives this summer because of all the cute carriers that have been donated for our Idaho Babywearers. To see pictures of what I'm talking about click here (the Martins are frequently throughout the photo gallery)

Or see it firsthand this summer by taking a trip to Idaho!

1 comment:

Scott and Stacia said...

You look so natural with that wrap. I might need to get one of those :)