Monday, April 5, 2010

The Weather Doesn't Care About Holidays

Look what I woke up to Saturday morning as I was preparing for Easter Egg hunts and outside fun.




So, we skipped all that and dyed eggs.





Note to self (which I wish I received a day ago): It's not a necessity to introduce dyeing Easter Eggs with toddlers. Wait until they're at least in elementary school! It'll save you a lot of stress.



As pretty as they are....




The dye likes to leave a lasting impression.



Maybe I should have learned after staining my fingers that this wasn't the best idea.



Until I saw the end result, happy (though slightly mischievous) face and all!


We gave Eliza old school paints to use on already dyed eggs, which suited her just fine.


I took proper precautions with all the newspaper ads I could find, garbage bags as painting suits (the kids got the biggest kick out of these!) and constant overseeing. I was pretty stressed the whole time.


They sure enjoyed themselves though!

Mostly cracked from numerous droppings on the floor, the results are bright and one of a kind!


1 comment:

MrsMonicaLB said...

aww thats too bad about the weather!we had a little sun and a nice big earthquake!
I miss those egg coloring days but not the mess :)