My theme is shabby chic princess. Why? She is definitely all princess, attitude and all, and usually pretty shabby looking since she refuses to let me do her hair all cutesy, promptly taking out whatever hair pretty is in her hair. That's the joys of having a toddler daughter, I guess! She's just prepping me for when she becomes a teenager....ack.
Well, back to her room:
Behold, the princess bed with the ever essential pink canopy.It still needs shams, but the current decorative pillows are made from cloth napkins that I sewed together and stuffed with batting. One of the easiest home-craft projects I've ever had to do!
It's hard to see, but there's also a flowered kissing ball in the canopy opening that adds that extra princess touch.
The adorable quilt Grandma and I tied. For the life of me I could not get a really good picture of the cute pattern, but hopefully you get the idea.
The inspiration for the princess colors. Chris's mom had this made for us after we were married based off of our wedding colors of pink and green, but I always thought it would look precious in a little girl's room. So there you go.
My pillowcase doll that I had in my room growing up. My mom made it and the same grandma that helped me tie Eliza's quilt embroidered and crocheted the design.
Kitchen with fairy dishes? Check. Board books and stuffed puppets? Check and check.
So, what happened to her crib, you may ask? Since we don't have enough bedrooms upstairs for all the kiddies, the baby will share with Eliza once he's old enough to go from the bassinette next to mommy and daddy's bed to a crib. Now, where did it go...?
Oh, there it is! Truly taking the shabby literal out of shabby chic. I better swap out the pink girly stuff before my son gets here though; there's enough gender confusion in the world and Chris would KILL me to have our little boy sleep on pink flowers. Whatever.
So what does the princess think of it all? Well, she still prefers her first tied quilt Grandma and I made before she was born. I don't blame her. It's adorable as well, and since it's a crib quilt, but more portable!
Behold, the shabby princess in all her glory, mad that I was taking a picture instead of putting her down for a nap, marker on face and shabby lovey in hand!
Finally receiving the royal treatment she knows she always deserves, the shabby princess accepts her chic room as she quietly relaxes before her royal nap. Such a tough life!


5 comments:
You have done a great job with the room.
The Mrs. wanted a beach theme for the older son, Old MacDonald for the youngest boy, and a princess/ballerina for the girl. We are still not completely done after these years.
Awww! That is so nice! And I love that you pieced it together from new and found items. So sweet! I am not a foofy, girly mommy at all. Uh, until I had a girl. Now it is beginning to surface here and there. Looks so cute and thanks for the kissing ball? I never heard of that before. Can't wait to decorate my daughters room one day. Thanks for sharing :)
So cute Natalie! You did a great job...so how much do you charge?? :)
It looks great,love the canopy!
That turned out so nice!
Post a Comment