I originally had made a post venting about my horrible last week, but towards the end I began looking at some silver linings in my life and decided that was a much healthier approach to focus on.
Don't get me wrong. Last week was a no good, dirty rotten week that was full of yuckiness. I would only wish it on a person that really needed some humble pie or an ulcer.
Then I began seeing silver linings which started with the birth of my new niece (thanks for all the sweet comments!). In fact, children in general have been my silver linings as I've followed in blogland the strength of little Claire as she's successfully recovering from transplant surgery or the love shown baby Brandon as his little body struggles.
It was while reading fellow cop wife Dori's post on motherhood that made me realize I had my perspectives all askewed. My sweet, energetic children are healthy and safe. I love them SO much that I would fight tigers to protect them without even batting an eyelash (though I'm sure my heart would be pounding on overdrive).
The picture on my blogname of Seth and Eliza in the cart is my constant reminder of how precious my children are to me. My husband is precious to me. Rotten weeks happen, but sometimes there isn't anything I can do about that.
Instead of focusing on what I'm not in control of, my silver lining this week is to focus inwardly on what I AM in control of, which is how I care for my family: feed them, clothe them, and give them the constant knowledge that I love them through kind words and gestures.
I wish that you too may be able to see your silver linings this week and not let the yucky days get you down.
How can you avoid Unnecessary interventions?
5 years ago


5 comments:
So glad you are changing your perspective. I love looking on the brighter side of life. We can't change what has happened but we can move forward. We are all blessed in many ways and sometimes we lose track of that. Its always easier to remember the bad instead of the good but I try to find the good everyday! Here's to much happier days! xoxoxoxo Michelle
Oh uck, sorry for the bad week and know that I have a icky little situation in my life which I am trying hard to NOT dwell on and look at in different ways and not let it plague my brain. Other than that c-r-a-p I have a nice little life here and if I was facing life and death I would be fighting tooth and nail to keep the little life we've made for ourselves, stress, sleepless nights, bills, temper tantrums and all :) Thanks for reminding me about the silver linings Natalie!
Nat- I am glad to see this post. I too need to see the silver lining more often. Thanks- And congrats!!! July babies are so fun, and creative, and cute and.... Maybe you can go a day early?
This is a great post! I was coming over to tell you how much I love your "tangents" on my posts about books and reading and history. It makes me smile. I know it's your passion and I think it's awesome.
I found this quote and thought of your post."Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day." ~Author Unknown
Post a Comment