Friday, December 18, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For OR I Blame It On the Cousins

Well, I've been contemplating how to go about saying this because I still feel a bit irresponsible.


I had a conversation with my fellow playgroup pal Becca right before she had her baby a few months ago and stated how surprised I was that with all of these new babies being born by friends right now I haven't been getting baby hungry, despite the fact that my "baby" wears size 3 clothing and just turned 19 months old.


In fact, I cringe every time I put both Seth and Eliza's too small clothes away. But, I've had no desire to relive midnight feedings, engorgement, two in diapers again, etc... so I stated that I wish that the next time I get pregnant it's a surprise so I can't blame myself for "planning" all the stress of carrying for three small children.

That wish came true.


I partially blame my fertile cousins, though. Since the last few months, a new baby is being born every month from my dad's side of the family until May, so now the family has July 9th to expect the 44th (or is it 45th?) great-grandchild. The majority of us were pregnant with the last "batch" as well.

Just a bunch of fertile myrtles, I guess!

Chris was absolutely ecstatic when I told him I thought I needed to get a pregnancy test. I thought he'd be a little more on my side of feeling irresponsible for the "oops" but launched right into possible baby names and pride of expanding his posterity. The traitor.


We're 11 weeks along, so we're slowing starting to tell more people, and each time we share the more excited I get. Now everyone knows why my memory's shot, I cry over the simplest things (and pretty much every Christmas movie right now), or didn't use novacaine with my cavity filling, while Chris has been suffering the brunt of the hormones as I yell at him for not taking out the garbage or leaving toothpaste spit in the sink, then begin bawling uncontrollably.

I'm just ready for the morning sickness to wear off since grocery shopping is an absolute nightmare with smells, unless it's something deep-fried. Then the cravings begin, especially for french fries dipped in ranch. Good thing I live in Idaho!

9 comments:

KT said...

SQUEEEEE!
I am so stoked for you. Can't contain it! Send the fertile vibes my way or loan me a uterus that works!

Lynne said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting!

The Duckers said...

Kimber....you can have my uterus!
Congrats Natalie! I am so super excited for you. I can't wait to see what you have and what you name him/her. I just love that people are still having newborns to fill my crave for them. Tessa just had to go and grow big on me. Little stinker.
I think you will be glad it happened this way...in the end! I sure am.

CoCo MoCo said...

WOOT!! That's freaking awesome!! I am so excited for you!!!!! :) I love babies! I say that just after I changed an "up the back" that soaked thru a onezie, a blanket & a sheet! Ha ha! They're great, and as hesitant as you are right now, that will all melt away as soon as you see that ultrasound to show it has 10 toes and 10 fingers and makes you want to hold him/her right then and there! :) I can't wait! Let me know if you need ANYTHING!! Love you and Merry Christmas!!

Derek and Sheena said...

Yay!!! Congratulations!! It will all be ok! Another cute Martin kid in the ward!

Because of Love said...

Yay for you!!!! It will be fun to be pregnant "together". :)

MrsMonicaLB said...

CONGRATULATIONS Natalie,how exciting! Thanks for sharing smile making news with us!

Momma Val said...

OMG, How did I miss this? Well guess I've been busy caring for my new baby. Congrats! I think? It sounds like an oops but you are happy nonetheless. I am so done, hoping for no oopses over her. Hopefully the hubby gets snip-snip before that happens. Yeah Natalie :) Know how you feel about the baby clothes. Makes me sad to give away my sons, some of them bring some strong memories. I save some of the special ones for his memory box. Wish I could give you a hug.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I remember those cravings - I couldn't get enough raspberry sherbet ever! Have a fabulous new year with this wonderful news!