
My wedding felt like it would never come since I had known Chris for over 3 1/2 years before the big day, slowly turning into a supposed old maid as I studied for my history and English secondary education degree.
Chris was in Scotland two of those three and a half years (hence the kilt in the picture above) but even on a poor college student salary of working part-time in the history department of the university I sent him regular letters and packages (do you even realize how expensive international postage is?!).
It was all worth it. He would send all of his letters in special brown envelopes so I knew exactly who it was from as soon as I'd peak in the mailbox.
I pretty much had everything planned (I didn't let schoolwork entirely consume my life), so we married 6 short weeks after he returned home. Looking back, I still have no clue how I got all A's during my Method's semester of school as well as co-teach a few college classes, mailed out TONS of wedding invitations, work, and:
Set up the engagement pictures...
Find and absolutely love my wedding dress
Which went perfectly with my tiara (which I found in Prague years earlier) and bouquet that I always dreamed of making.
Ordered and made all of the flowers (which would not have been possible if it wasn't for my aunt Kristina!)
Hire out free labor in the form of cousins and family members to set up the reception. I had already made hundreds of origami roses for the receptions plates (I wish I had this video!), so I stayed in the kitchen making flowers inbetween getting our marriage license, packing (I still forgot stuff) and overseeing my "vision" for what I wanted my Winter Fairyland of a reception to look like.

Oh, and I also conned the little cousins into a day of servitude.

And convinced my exceedingly talented brother to be the background music on the piano with his friend Michelle on violin (they were fantastic!)
Yeah, it still boggles my mind that it all got done.
And then the big day:

Started with doing the hair...
Setting up the cake (which I absolutely LOVED and had so much fun making the flowers for my own wedding cake for once instead of for others after 4 years working in a floral shop)
Finally getting to use my china and my crystal goblets also from Prague that I carried on my lap the whole trip home (and not one broke!)
It had snowed constantly for days before, but my wedding had clear roads and fluffy white snow everywhere, making the day perfect. That night it continued snowing for another few days.


Happy Anniversary Christopher!
And then the big day:

Started with doing the hair...
Setting up the cake (which I absolutely LOVED and had so much fun making the flowers for my own wedding cake for once instead of for others after 4 years working in a floral shop)
Finally getting to use my china and my crystal goblets also from Prague that I carried on my lap the whole trip home (and not one broke!) It had snowed constantly for days before, but my wedding had clear roads and fluffy white snow everywhere, making the day perfect. That night it continued snowing for another few days.
All in all, it was the perfect day because I became Mrs. Martin.


Happy Anniversary Christopher!


6 comments:
Wowie...someone else who celebrates Christmas, birthday AND anniversary all in the same week. Here I thought we were the only crazies! :D
Happy anniversary!!
Happy anniversary to you all. This is a busy month at your house.
Happy Anniversary! your wedding looks beautiful and so do you! I can't imagine doing all that and school,what an accomplishment. Here's to wishing you many more years of love and happiness!
OMG,Beautiful pictures!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY,and what a great month of celebrations it has been for you,that is FANTASTIC
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Happy Anniversary!
That got me remembering my wedding. All I did was print a black&white photo of Dan and I and put it on the church's announcements board and wrote underneath "Wedding. Next Friday." I was so frustrated with the whole thing.
The photographs were so beautiful.
Gorgeous pictures!
Happy anniversary, Christmas, birthday, etc. :)
Post a Comment