Friday, June 26, 2009

My groovy friend Jessica

This is a total bragging post for my friend Jessica Goldman, creator of Banafana sewing patterns and fellow RHS Class of '99 graduate.


Maybe it's because my 10 year reunion is coming this next week and I'm beginning to get nostalgic, but I just had to share her most recent work of genius, "My Groovy Family Room"


Though it's her first sewing "book" she's developed over 600 patterns and has sold them internationally. She just returned from a convention in Pennsylvania that consisted of a lot of big names, but she'd never acknowledge that she's as amazing as she is. She also doesn't know that I'm doing this, so hopefully she doesn't mind that I snagged her pictures from her sewing blog. :\


I'm also her visiting teacher, so when we chatted out on her porch this last week, she invited us in to look at the finished product. She then gave me a copy of her pattern book.


Being the slight dimwit that I am (I blame it on being out in the sun a tad bit too long) I was like, "Wow! You made your room look just like the picture!" until I realized much too late that the picture was taken AFTER the room was completed. I know. Idiot doesn't even BEGIN to come close!


Sigh. Just make sure that you take a gander at her adorable family on the left hand side of her blog. Her daughter Lucy is in nursery with Seth, and I'm hoping that her good example will rub off on him.
It's always fun to see what Lucy's wearing in church every Sunday because her mom designs and makes most (if not all) of her clothes.



Talk about talent!

It'll be interesting to see at the reunion if anyone else has been this successful since high school graduation 10 years ago! Jess is my claim to fame, so I'm taking full advantage of her success to be proud enough for her for the both of us!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I wish I had that kind of talent. I always try but.... holy cow I would just love to meet with her to understand sewing better. That rocks that you have a friend like that.

Scott and Stacia said...

Hey you! I don't think I knew you had a blog! Thanks for visiting mine so I could find you :) I can't wait to take a second (when it's not so late) to catch up with you through your blog. Hope you are doing well.