Tuesday, June 2, 2009

ABCs of Me (stolen from cop wives)

Yes, I found this tag amongst some other cop wives blogs that I follow, and I loved it, stole it, and so here I am, admitting my crime (but I don't think Chris deals with bloggers, so I think I'll be safe).

A - Age: 28 1/2 (yeah, I'll claim the 1/2, especially since people still think I'm younger than I actually am)
B - Bed size: Queen, but I wish it was a King. Tall people need the room!
C- Chore you hate: Cleaning up after the kids, especially if it's for the 10th time the same day, same room. I also hate cleaning bathrooms and floors, but growing up with all brothers, I HAVE to clean the bathroom. As for the floors, ask Chris who does a better job.
D- Dog's Name: We don't (and won't) have one. Chris is a cat-person, and I'm allergic to pet dander. It's a slight allergy, but enough of an excuse!
E- Essential start your day item: Making my bed. My whole groove is thrown off if it's not made, so sometimes if Chris is still sleeping after coming off a night shift, I still "make" it by putting the pillows around him (sometimes on top of him) and smoothing the bedspread.
F- Favorite Color: Green
G- Gold, Silver or Platinum: Gold looks best on me (hence the color of my wedding ring) but I have a lot of silver because the funnest necklaces have that metal on them (I mostly like colorful accessories and feel naked if I haven't "accessorized" for the day. I blame my mom)
H- Height: 5'9", but to be completely honest, I somehow shrunk after each pregnancy, so I've last been measured at just under 5'8." I still claim the first one.
I- Instruments you play: piano (but extremely rusty), my children's bellies or my mouth (there's lots of sound effects that can be recreated with this body instrument!)
J- Job Title: Stay-at-home mom, Certified secondary history and English teacher, Certified Nursing Assistant (solely for my dad and in the process of getting re-hired to take care of him, but that's a long story meant for its own post), Relief Society teacher every 2nd Sunday, Music Makers volunteer, Playgroup coordinator (sounds official, anyways).
K- Kids: Seth (3) Eliza (1) Chris (30)
L- Living arrangments: Small fixer-upper built in 1946 with 5 different paint colors on the back wall as I'm trying to decide what to paint in a few weeks. It has TONS of CP (cute potential) and it's slowly becoming my dream cottage one room at a time. We have a basement, detached garage and storage shed that will make a perfect playhouse for the kids.
M- Mom's Name: Cynthia
N- Nicknames: Nan, Nanners or Nannerbugs (family), Bugs (my dad); Nat (but only if you know me); Sugar Lips, Sweetheart, Thunderthighs (inside joke), My Love (all Chris), Princess (old school teachers because I'm girly, I guess)
O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth: My birth or my children's? Those are the only stays I can recall.
P- Pet Peeve: Driving-failure to indicate. Chris-flicking boogers. Kiddies-clinging to my legs when I'm cooking. Americans- obesity and talking extremely loud/being obnoxious when visiting other countries. Others- not minding their own business.
Q-Quote from a movie: Lots to choose, but I'd have to go with, "Never give up! Never surrender!" ~Galaxy Quest (Runner-up: "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in the world. It would be a shame to damage yours." ~ Princess Bride)
R- Right handed or left handed: Left, but certain things I've learned to adapt to, so a bit ambidextrous when needed.
S - Siblings: Ryan (30), Matt (25), Nathan (23, shares the same b-day with Matt), Eric (21 in July), Brandon (17)
T - Time you wake up: when Seth demands his sippy of milk, cereal in a bowl (dry) and a movie, but if Eliza is still asleep after all of that, not until she wakes up, and even then, sometimes not for a few extra minutes.
U - Underwear: garments, a symbol of my religion
V - Vegetable you dislike: Are capers considered a vegetable?
W- Ways you run late: Umm...it depends on whose version you're asking from. Mine, it's because of Chris and the kids. Chris, I've changed too many outfits and haven't planned accordingly for the situation. I'll let you decide which to believe.
X - X-rays you've had: spine because of my scoliosis, but most were before puberty hit (I was a late bloomer) and never required a brace or surgery, teeth
Y - Yummy food you make: usually the most simple, basic recipes are the faves, especially if they're family recipes: meatloaf (I've never had one I've liked more), chicken & broccoli, stroganoff (so easy it's embarrassing yet it's Chris's favorite dish), cookie salad, darn good chocolate cake (actual recipe name, verbatim), chicken tikka masala, molasses cookies
Z - Zoo favorite: I'd have to say the monkeys, but I'd also have to say, the more exotic, the better (monkeys or otherwise)

Well, hopefully you learned something new and actually got all the way through the alphabet before giving up on me.

3 comments:

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

thats awesome!!!

I love that quote from Princess Bride :)

I have been on a Real Genious kick for the past couple days. so mine would be...

"If you think you can threaten me and make me your slave... well... that’s where you are right. But there are many different decaffeinated brands out there that taste as good as the real thing...."

ha ha love that movie....

KT said...

Good stuff. Now I shall steal it.

Because of Love said...

Glad you copied it! You crack me up.