Friday, June 12, 2009

Books, Glorious Books!

I am a big fan of my local public library. As in, we purposely made sure we found a home within city limits so we could have free libary cards kind of fan.

I've also been a fan of reading for as long as I can remember. I currently have 5 books on my nightstand (no joke...I counted) depending on the mood I'm in that night for my ritual of reading before bed.

Don't believe me? Here they are:
This has been an awesome read that Chris and I have read a few stories aloud to each from. I mentioned more about it on my cop wife blog.

From the author of Little Women, and since I just love that book, I thought I'd read another one from her. This one was first published in 1876 and I've loved the gentility of it.

For those gals that were at the Girl's Weekend, you'll know all about THIS book! ;)
Honestly my most favorite book of all time (and that says a lot because I REALLY like books). The movie version (script written by the book author) is also my favorite movie of all time.
I'm teaching in RS this Sunday, so I'm preparing my lesson.
Have I always had multiple books I'm reading all at once? Yes, but I'll post more on that another day.
Anywho, Rigby just started their summer reading program, and I think I've been more excited than Seth to get prizes for simply reading books for 20 minutes a day. Talk about a win-win situation! I don't think he'll let me have his sno-cone coupon though. ;(
We're also participating in Summer Storytime every Thursday, and both Seth and Eliza have been in absolute heaven (though they're little wriggle worms and don't stay seated for very long...I blame Chris's genes entirely).
We also went to the library's used book sale today ($5 for a full bag of audiobooks, movies, and paperbacks. Yippee!!!!!)
I just love reading books to my kids and am in absolute heaven when Eliza grabs one, smiles and comes over to plop onto my lap, eagerly tapping her feet for the full 15 seconds (well, maybe more if I turn the pages fast enough) of book reading. Seth won't take naps or go to sleep without it, so I better get going!

1 comment:

Somer said...

Thanks for posting your reading list...I think I might have to go and find the book by Louisa May Alcott (not sure I spelled that right), b/c I love her style of writing too! One of my favorite stories is Little Women as well. :) You must have read my mind with this post, I was actually going to call you the other day to get a book recommendation. So thanks again!