Today we decided to take advantage of an awesome forecast and brought out the kiddy pool. It started out in the shade (so it didn't "smash" the grass...Chris's words) but after the spectacle of Eliza's chattering teeth and shivering body, we moved the pool into the sun.

I can't get over how adorable Eliza's swimsuit is that I ordered online from
Children's Place. I would seriously wear an exact replica if they had it in my size. In fact, there's a lot of clothes that I'd wear adult versions of that's in Eliza's wardrobe. I'm not even joking.

Seth got the biggest kick out of running around in circles on our neighbor's asphalt so he could see his footprints. Such a cutie!

Eliza was starting to turn blue because she was so cold, but she also couldn't get enough of the water, so we'd wrap her up in a towel cocoon to warm her up, then send her back on her way once she had a more normal color to her skin.

The cocoon wrap.

I just love my waterbabies!!!

Chris got this "hilarious" idea to splash buckets of water into Seth's face or on his head, so this is Seth finally "giving up" after a thorough dousing of cold water. And when I wanted Seth to exact revenge?! "I can't get my cell phones wet!" according to Chris, the panty-waist.

Well, Chris may be a hoodlum with Seth, but with Eliza, it's all hugs and loves. She just wanted to get back into the water!

I REALLY wanted to draw a chalk line around Seth when he laid on the asphalt to get warm. It's our neighbor's driveway, so I didn't (but wouldn't that have been awesome?!)

Our little water baby striking the pose on the towel.

Where the pool was originally placed...it didn't last long but they sure had fun!

This is the extent of parental water time. I know, we're lame, but the water was cold!

Eliza couldn't get over how funny she thought it was to lay on her towel. We tried to get her to sunbathe to warm up (and yes, she had sunscreen) but she wouldn't sit still, which is why we had the aforementioned towel cocoon.

I guess the sunbathing was doomed to failure from the start since the Mommy and Daddy shadows defeated the purpose...hmmm...

Thanks for sharing the play day with us! Now it's time for naps (which is why Mommy is able to post these pictures so soon after the fun).
No comments:
Post a Comment