Friday, May 29, 2009

Snow in 80 degree weather

I brought the kiddies to Tautphaus Park today, and it was snowing!

Not literally, but all of the cottonwood trees were losing their cotton, so it looked like little puffs of snow were floating around us as they played on the very cool toys in their new Playland. It was quite magical, actually.

I forgot to bring the camera and am really kicking myself because there were tons of kodak moments while the cotton swirled around the kids. Eliza didn't really know what to think of it all as they floated by her face.

The Playland totally rocked with tons of interactive toys and musical pieces. Parts were even wheelchair accessible! The blue ground must have been made from recycled rubber or something because it was all bouncey and cushy, perfect for little bums when they fall.
I got these off of the internet; sorry they're so small!
The kids were dressed adorably as well: Seth in his "Captain Awesome" camo shirt and hat and Eliza in a pink, gauzey shirt with layers of lace and flowery fabric that matched her denim shorts with lacey bottoms. I'll have to get a picture of them another time, they were that cute.
The only downside was that there were also a few waves of 2nd grade classes that came after they went to the zoo and funland rides, so it kept me busy keeping a close eye on the munchkins while the 2nd graders were playing too. Seth LOVED the extra playmates, and almost gave his new laser gun away. I got there just in time.

Chris was helping to coach a paramedics class with a few other officers that he knows from Idaho Falls, so I thought it would be a perfect opportunity for the kids to enjoy the outdoors.
They had lots of fun, and I know that we're going to be going there multiple times this summer, so keep watching for better (and larger) pics. I'll even make sure the kiddies are in them. ;)
As for snow in May, if you've ever lived in Idaho, you know that it happens! I'm just glad it wasn't real, today. I've been working on my farmer's tan.

No comments: