Here. Take a gander for yourself:
Chris did a great job with the edging, though I got impatient to finish so we put tape on the semi-dry walls to touch-up the white trim. We ended up with more touch-ups to do, only I waited for a few days for the paint to fully dry. :\
The entry to the front room. I realized that these pictures don't do the paint color justice at all, so I'll have to post some more pics of it all done. I just need to move the painting supply box and reorganize the mess that quickly formed during the painting party.Since this room got painted and I had the white trim paint already mixed up, I decided to finally finish some of the trim that we never got around to since me moved into the house December 2007.
We painted on Monday. I touched up on Wednesday, and pretty much everyday of the week I've been doing little painting projects, and my poor hands show it.
I'm just getting myself ready for the outside painting extravaganza! I figured by saying extravaganza, it'd sound like lots of fun and then I'd get lots of people wanting to share in the funness. Is that a word? Well, it'll be fun to me to see my drab, dreary house get a new coat of paint on it.
I'm pretty sure I've even completely decided on the color: La Fonda Wild West Green.
Lame name, I know, but it's part of Valspar's National Historic Sites color line that's inspired by landmark buildings and towns throughout America. I've learned to get over the name if I fall in love with the color.
And what does the hubby think about all of this home improvement? Well, let's just say that his taste and expectations are a lot more simple. He's easier to please when it comes to our house, so he's learned to let me do my thing, as long as I stay focused with one project at a time (he was going bonkers with the "help" I was giving him Monday during the kitchen painting). He's a great husband!


1 comment:
I think La Fonda is the name of the girl that Kip marries on Napolean Dynimite. She inspired the song I Love Technology... so I bet the paint color is awesome. Love the kitchen, can't wait to see it in person.
Post a Comment