Thursday, December 22, 2011

Family Visits: New Mexico

Here are some slightly random shots of our visits with family while enjoying New Mexico for the first time for all of us except Chris.

By the time we got to this leg of the journey, falling asleep in awkward angles were a pretty common occurrence in the car. And perfect kodak moments. ;)


We enjoyed my side of the family while visiting my older brother and his wonderful wife and cute as a button daughter.




We still couldn't get over how fun it was to enjoy pleasant weather to spend at the park while back home everything was getting colder and colder outside....


Andilyn had someone smaller than her to beat up on, which Liam didn't really appreciate but was pretty use to it from his older siblings, so he got over it pretty quick. Until the next little episode of toddler bullying...is it wrong that it's hard to stop because it's still so cute to watch?! I know that's pretty sick and twisted of me.


The kiddies loved being able to sit with each other and eat together.

Enjoying Halloween with a jack-o-lantern pizza. It was such a low-key day, and I wouldn't have had it any other way!


Watching a show together all snuggled on the floor. For a few seconds, anyway. It is SO hard to get a picture where all of the kids are staying still long enough to click the photo. Sigh...


Then we moved on to visit more of Chris's family, this time in Farmington, on our last leg of the journey.

Seth had his pirate ship from Grandma Martin to keep him entertained on the drive, but the others quickly fell victim to the lull of the open road. Yes!!!!

The kids had a blast in the backyard playing in the leaves. I couldn't get over how much I love their pillars on their house! Hand-carved in Albuquerque, baby. New Mexico rocks.


Eliza was so proud of her accomplishment, but then reality set in that she didn't know how to get back down while Mommy took her time taking the picture. Bwahahahahah!!!


Seth found this gardening stake, and suddenly became Ezio Auditore da Firenze from Assassin's Creed II (which I had to look up because I was almost as confused as Liam in this picture about what Seth was doing). I have no idea how he even knew about that character since Mommy forbids Daddy from playing that game around the kids. Hmmm....one of life's great mysteries, I suppose.


Another Assassin's Creed pose. Christopher!!!

I was finally able to distract them with the leaves.




Loving the leaves and beautiful fall day.


Yeehaw! Ride 'em cowboy! Thanks for joining us on our fall family trip.

No comments: