Monday, March 15, 2010

Feeling Productive!

Well, my head has magically been able to get back on my head and is no longer chopped off feeling.

In fact, I've been able to get SO much accomplished this weekend, and I think part of it is because of making lists:

  1. I was able to run multiple errands around town, all while toting two VERY energetic toddlers (who were incredibly well-behaved: Seth would ask, "Where are we going next?" after each errand) while waddling at a pregnant snail's pace. We all earned Sonic Drive-In after that since it was on the way home!
  2. I was able to help with Bountiful Baskets at a new site in town, which felt like I was back in cut-off chicken head mode for awhile, but I later learned that those picking up were impressed with how smooth it went. Go figure.
  3. I sewed (yeah, that's right) some pillows for Eliza's room.
  4. I got our mountain o' laundry folded.
  5. I taught my church lesson on Sunday without any major mishaps and only cried a little when talking about God's Creations when I got to my children (pregnancy hormones, sheesh!)
  6. Had dinner with multiple cop families with was SO fun until they thought it would be funny to see how riled up I get with a stupid high-pitched grenade app on multiple cell phones within minutes of each other (again, with the pregnancy, only my hearing is extremely acute for high-pitched sounds, which when told to a bunch of cop buddies...yeah, glad I could be the center of entertainment for a bit!)
  7. Tied a quilt for Eliza's princess room with my amazing 82-year old grandma and it's adorable (pictures soon!). Grandma even did a giddy happy clap dance as we tied the last ties. Adorable.
  8. THE SUN HAS BEEN SHINING AND THERE'S NO WIND!!!!!!
  9. My drops of sunshine and other early spring flowers have been bursting up all over my front yard, and it makes me smile every time I go outside.
  10. The kids have been napping after playing hard in my grandparent's back yard.
  11. Yesterday's dishes are done and the kitchen is relatively clean.
  12. I've been able to already get dinner going while taking a break on the computer.

I could go on and on, but I highly recommend list making. Nothing beats that crossed off feeling! Well, leaving the front door open while listening to the sounds of spring outside is right up there too.

What a great Monday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The boys did pick on you. Naughty boys. Thanks for being such a huge life saver at BB this weekend. I felt bad I had to leave, but I had to get to my site!
Go you, miss productive!

Unknown said...

Oh and that was Kimberlina there. I'm still working on babywearing conference stuff (at 9 at night!) and forgot to switch users. Argh!

Andrew and Marie Harris said...

Now with all of your errends done you can come over and help me :) j/k I'm going to take your advice and make a list. I think we need to get together and have a playdate soon. I feel like I haven't talked to you forever. I miss our conversations.