These are images of our widow neighbor's gargantuan tree and all the leaves that will soon be dropping.

I had to get an image of the lawn before the downpour of leaves causes me to forget it exists.

My little cottage's roof is dwarfed by the tree's limbs (bottom left). I'm just glad we have homeowner's insurance!

Leaves completely cover our whole lot about 4 inches deep (at least, I plan on measuring this year!), some of which are so large they had to have been mutated by some vengeful autumn sprite. It makes keeping the house clean super awesome until the snow covers up any piles we forgot about.
One thing's for sure, the kiddies will have the COOLEST leaf pile to jump into!


6 comments:
That is a big tree!cant u get them to cut it back?sheesh over here in our fair city,you call they come out in a jiff to see if they can help resolve any issues.
Our sloppy neighbors have an Ash tree and it's right on the property line so you can guess where all the leaves go. Cop Dad had to mulch/mow the yard twice the other day to get it under control. Some leaves are OK but there are so many they get stuck in the car vents, stuck to your shoes, then tracked all over the house. Why do the leaves not blow over in their yard? Sheesh
Leaves are fun for the kids. I grew up never needing to do yard cleanup and it's only now that i have found out how much work it is to clean up leaves! It's not so fun and romantic like the pictures in books made it look. :)
Wow, your free time will be spent rake in hand. We are fortunate and have only young trees on our small plot--though one of our neighbors is not big on raking so we get all of there leaves piled onto our plants.
LoudnProud: Our widow neighbor was going to get it cut back earlier this year, but had to replace her rood instead. Because it's on personal property the city states they won't do anything about it. Sigh.
MommaVal: If only this wasn't yet another thing we can both relate to with the other! Love your profile pic, by the way! ;)
Mrs. Fuzz: Having fun in leaves with the kids is the ONLY thing I'm looking forward to with this fall's raking! Definitely not romantic.
Slamdunk: I have friends that have young trees surrounded by them as well. They're envious of the killer shade we get during the summer, but then they just give their sympathies when the leaves start to fall!
I loved jumping into leaves when I was a kid. I did it for hours and hours after school at the school yard with my friend. And coming back home my mum was always wondering why my pants were so wet :>
Anyways, I'm sad, because here we have already lost most of the leaves and we have got some snow too. And it's dark.
Post a Comment