Decorating for fall took all of five minutes for me, and most of that time was spent chasing the decorations back from Eliza and answering Seth's repeated questions of "What's that? Why are you putting that there? What's it for?" Finally, I gave them some Trick-or-Treating bags I got on clearance last year which distracted them enough to let me put my little signs up. They were still fascinated with the motion sensor lights on the bags by the time I was finished, which led me to the conclusion that I need to get more decorations for fall.
Putting the fall garland on the (still not finished but I'm not complaining because it looks SO much better than what was there) arbor took a few minutes though. That's good, right?!
Yes, the honeysuckle is STILL waiting for a trellis to climb on...sigh. Let's go back inside where home improvements in the front room are pretty much finished!
Wow, I should have dusted before taking the picture. Uh, it adds to the Halloween ambience! :) I was a bit worried that Eliza's acrobatics would lead to sadness and destruction, but she remains focused on taking out all of the DVDs and VHS in the coffee table drawer for a little while longer.I think the "Pumpkin Patch" sign has deterred her from taking out the books (which is why they're slightly disheveled, but again, ambience!)
My little gargoyle I got in Paris near the Sacre-Coeur is a year-round cool dude in the room, but especially fitting for the season and thus deserving of a picture.And, that's it! I know, kinda lame, but I make up for it in the next season.
And I also have yummy smelling fall scents I use on a regular basis. Ooh! I've also been doing autumnal-themed cooking like my made up Harvest Stew/Back-to-School Soup/Autumn Soup (I couldn't decide on a set name but it was yummy!) as well as become a fan of mulled cider and doughnuts on a pretty regular basis. Maybe that'll have to be its own post...
I listen to my Fall playlist a lot--calm one on the blog when I need a little peace and a more rockin' one when I need to kick up the energy a few notches (listening to Thriller totally helped me empty my dishwasher the other day!)
Happy Autumn!


7 comments:
nice decorations,especially the gargoyle.The Arbor, I think, looks quite lovely, we have one in the back but ours is metal,we attached a bougainvillea and its finally blooming pretty dark pink flowers.
I try to go out and buy more decorations for next year when they go on clearance,save the dh lots of money!
The smells of fall bring to mind coziness and comfort.You really are going to have to share your Autumn soup recipe soon.I love drinking hot toddies-minus the whiskey of course ;)
Cute decorations! I should probably get ours out before Halloween is over! :)
Nice--we are limited in seasonal decorations as the little boy is: A) Afraid of anything Halloween related besides a pumpkin; and, B) For all other holidays, he will quickly test the durability of the decorations (crash, splat, bang, etc).
Ooh, nice. I like your garland on your arbor, very cute. I have maybe 10 Halloween decorations and do not have any drive while pregnant to decorate, I know, pathetic. Then too, it's like Little Buddy just wants to play with anything that is out in plain sight anyway. Nice job :) Oh yeah, we got a pumpkin, apples and some gourds today from the apple farm which will go out on the stoop tomorrow. Autumn Soup recipe please :) ?
The arbor looks great. I noticed it the other day as I drove past. My kids have been complaining that we didn't have any Halloween decorations so today we made homemade bats, pumpkins and ghosts to decorate the house.
Oh you look so fancy! Good for you. Come pretty up my house?
Thanks for all the comments! I'll post the Autumn Soup recipe (or what I can remember from it since I made it up with what was in my cupboards and fridge!) on my food blog, which I just posted a side link on this blog for. I have LOTS of recipes I need to add there!
P.S. I'm glad I'm not the only one with sparse fall decorations and worries of little hands pulverizing them!
Post a Comment