Every Halloween in my youth I was a Princess. It's not because I wasn't creative; I've realized if you just tag "princess" at the end of whatever you dress-up as, it still works! I was She-ra, an Arabian Princess, a vampire princess, a punk rocker princess, a medieval princess, etc...so this year I wanted to do something unique for the hubby/wife night we try to have once a month with our friends.
I decided to go the other extreme and went to the Army Surplus Warehouse.
I don't own any combat boots (I don't even own a pair of sneakers!) so I wore Chris's equivalent, "Jane" style. ;) The majority of our gear is due to his many years of paintballing, so I've finally been able to utilize that "hobby!" Hmmm...I could still claim Warrior Princess...
Marie and Drew as Pam and Jim. They even had the stapler in jello, but you can't see it from this angle (the paper's covering it). VERY awesome and well deserving of the Most Original Costume award!
When else can you get a random shot of a grape, exotic dancer, or pumpkin baby?!
Becca's date is still in the womb since her hubs had to work that night, but what a hot go-go Mama!
The winners of the "Scariest Costume" award. By day, a cubicle job in an office to night, the cool motorcycle dudes. Seriously the most awesome costumes of the night, tattooed sleeves and everything! I wonder what their three little ones thought of Daddy's 'do?
And what's a costume party without Yoda?! I'm trying to convince DJ to wear this at the International Babywearing Conference our little town is hosting next summer. I have until June to convince him, and am not above using the dark side to make it happen!Well, I was having so much fun I forgot I had my camera so I didn't get any other pictures so hopefully others will blog as well so I can "acquire" more images from the night. I failed to get some pics of the yummy food and game playing (hint, hint).
Here's the recipe I used for the witches' brooms and this picture looked MUCH better than mine since my butterscotch chips never melted and remained a lump in my saucepan on the stove until the next day. I was SO mad about that!

Anyways, I guess it still tasted OK because there were only a few left and we had other WAY scrumptious delicacies from a veggie platter in which the carrot sticks looked like fingers to mummy lil' smokies and deviled eggs with olive spiders on top. It was SO fun!
As for the games, we played Mafia in which I kept getting killed right at the beginning yet was always a lame civilian. I guess my woodland fatigues were just too intimidating!
We also played pyschiatrist and first tested Chris's interrogation skills on reading people by having him go first. He got it the first try! Then we all pretended to be girls for the next "psychiatrist," which was so funny my cheeks hurt from laughing so hard. Janna's hubby Ryan was truly the highlight of it all because he did SUCH a good job acting like a girl!
Well, before the bewitching hour of 9:00 p.m. hit, we slowly started to leave as we decided it was time to relieve babysitters since we all have young kids. Chris and I had an absolute blast and can't wait for the next hubby/wife night!
Well, before the bewitching hour of 9:00 p.m. hit, we slowly started to leave as we decided it was time to relieve babysitters since we all have young kids. Chris and I had an absolute blast and can't wait for the next hubby/wife night!


4 comments:
Ha! Looks like lots of fun :) I really chuckled aloud when you were talking about wearing the Yoda to the baby wearing conference. Have you seen those doggy slings? OMG, I cannot believe people buy and use those. Hilarious! Nice costumes!
Modern XENAA!! I have to say, Jim and Pam was a brilliant idea.
By the way, we once came up with our own version of the Mafia. MAFIA WITH BUFFY ADDITION. During the night Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, kicks Mafia's butt in rock, paper, scissors :D
How fun!! what a great idea a hubby/wife night,a theme night for each time sounds like an idea I may use.Those were some great costumes,I go to all the Thrift surplus stores to get my costume and can't wait for the Halloween party we are going to this weekend.Sounds like you all had a great time!HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
MommaVal: Kimber's actually made some of those doggy slings for friends since she makes baby carriers. Weird, I know!
Mandi: I like the Buffy Addition! We'll have to try that next time!
LoudnProud: Have LOTS of fun at your party! We purposely chose our party night the week before so we it didn't interfere with trick-or-treating and other activities the community has planned for the little tikes. When we had the hubby/wife night at our house it was as a Fiesta with Mexican-themed dishes that were FANTASTIC!
Post a Comment