Friday, October 9, 2009

A little bit of Halloween: Hansel and Gretel





Here's a great Disney version of the opera Hansel and Gretel by Engelbert Humperdinck (I thought of Princess Bride when I saw the composer's last name) which was first performed in 1893 (opera, not Disney cartoon).


We rented Mickey's House of Villians from the local library as I've been getting the kiddies excited for the Halloween holiday. I love the music and the children loved the cartoon, so it was a win-win situation for everyone!

I tell you what, I am having more fun with this holiday now that I'm a parent than I ever remember having as a child. Of course, we didn't get way into it (at least as much as Chris's family did and still does). It's so fun planning outfits and activities. Since we live in a very family-oriented community, there's a little something for every age group.

So, stay tuned for more ghoulish fun! Whooo-hoooo-ooo!

(Was that last little bit over the top? I can never tell!)

2 comments:

Mandi said...

I'm excited too! Well, for the next year's Halloween, cause it's going to be my first one!

Thanks by the way, I love Monty Python.

MrsMonicaLB said...

I still make my kids, even though they aren't so little, watch It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown cartoon every year during Halloween.
I love the Last of the Mohicans movie and the music is awesome!