Monday, August 31, 2009

What's Up, Pussycat?

This is my mom in 1959 next to my Great Grandma's cat.
I have a picture of myself next to the cat around that age too, but for the life of me, I can't seem to find it.
The cat's a prized possession, but not because it's made of fine china or painted from rare dyes. It's priceless because it's still here, even if loved ones aren't.

50 years later, babies and toddlers are still loving this cat.


It's made me realize that even though we can't take earthly treasures with us when we pass away, we can still leave lasting memories through seemingly ordinary objects.

Almost like a part of us has remained.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I love this post. Emmett doesn't know it yet... but he has been given a large heavy marble corn engraved from his great great grandfathers prized winning corn growing. There is such an incredible story behind this marble corn prize and I love that my little boy (only one named after him) gets to pass it on to his children. I love ancestors and their incredible history.

Slamdunk said...

What a fun post and pictures. You have me thinking what pictures with prize posessions that we can show time lapse.