Friday, August 28, 2009

Just like Mommy

Unbeknownst to me as I was putting lotion on my legs last night, another little hand was also dipping into the jar of cream.

She had also put on my Mary Jane's from yesteryear which are too small for her feet but make fun clicking sounds on the wood floors, so she has to wear them everywhere.

I'm trying to get the jar from her,but it's so covered in lotion that it just gets gunk all over my fingers, which I then put on my arms.

I guess she wanted to taste it to see if it tasted as good as it smelled. If you'll notice, she first put it on her leg like I did. Only Eliza had her jammy bottoms on. Obviously, she was not deterred and stubbornly worked that lotion through so it eventually got into the skin. After going through the jammies first.

I had moved on to my hands, so Eliza decided to as well. Doesn't she look content? Don't be fooled. It's actually a look of mischief because she knows she got away with something that she shouldn't have been doing.

She just wanted to be like mommy, I guess, and proceeded to put lotion on her belly (also over her jammy top), mouth, arms, etc... while mommy only did her arms, the little overachiever.


I couldn't really get mad at her though. I know where she got it from.




Like mother, like daughter!

3 comments:

Scott and Stacia said...

I love that you have a picture of yourself to compare to Eliza :) Sounds like you two enjoyed yourselves :) (PS I love how you thought nails, screws and bolts were all the same...oh I miss your

Scott and Stacia said...

carefree personality. Also, whenever I think of Taebo I think of the good old days...we were huge elephants, remember??)

KT said...

Okay, see in this picture Eliza looks a TON like you as a baby. I'm telling you, she looks more and more like you as she is getting older!