
It's the week of the Miss Idaho Falls pageant, but I had to get a quick post in to show that I'm still alive.
I was scanning some photos for my family reunion coming up, and came upon my old Junior Miss photos from high school. I mentioned more about it in the post below if you haven't had a chance to take a gander at it.
Enjoy a little reminiscing from the 90s!!!
Morning of the pageant, this is Mom and me right right before we took off for my interview. We had a mother/daughter luncheon right after. Isn't my power suit awesome?! And just so you know, we actually had to take the shoulder pads out because it was WAY too wingy, but looking at it here, my shoulders are still pretty "powerful." Awesome.
Presence and Composure: I was Contestant #11 in the cream dress.
Yech, I HATED the fitness portion. Look at our frumpy outfits!! You can get a slight hint of the sarcasm I showed with the stupidity of this routine with my "gun shooting" on the left. Lamest thing I've ever done...
After my talent, playing "The Storm" on the piano. I can't remember the composer, but I remember the introduction starting out, "Dark, ominous clouds loom..." I've always been quite dramatic.
My brother Ryan was my escort, and at the time I was really mad that he didn't shave his goatee for the performance, but now that I look at it, it didn't look bad on him at all!
Being presented with the interview award.
After receiving the Spirit Award, decided on by my fellow contestants. My roses were fire and ice, and I loved them.
This was for the slideshow they had showing younger pictures of the contestants and then our professional ones taken. I never felt pretty until I saw this picture, so it was a BIG confidence booster!
Enjoy the 90s because I also scanned some AWESOME pics of my 80s hair that you will NOT want to miss. Stay tuned!


3 comments:
Love the power suit! What a fun post. I can't wait to see the 80's Natalie hair do. I didn't know you played the piano. You will have to show off some time.
Love seeing these pictures! You are so pretty Nat. I love the final picture :) Way pretty!! Thanks for reminiscing and sharing these pictures!
Just checking on you... Haven't heard from you in a while. Plus I do love the pictures! :)
Post a Comment