Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Midnight Showing

I've realized that I'm not as young and spry as I use to be. I have been SO gun-ho for the midnight showing of New Moon with my gals that we got the tickets months in advance (it's true: the ticket stub has the date 9/26/09 when Melissa purchased them).

We even left early to get dinner at Cafe Rio, which for some reason, the pictures I took from there were not on my camera.

We finished eating around 9'ish, went back to the vehicle to don our gloves, scarves, grab blankets, etc... to join the long line outside the movie theater.


Well, as luck would have it, they had announced our theater right when we walked up, so we went right to the doors, showed 'em our tickets, and got some awesome seats...3 hours before the movie even started.



I know. Crazy females! However, we are all blessed with the gift of gab and we haven't seen each other in awhile, so time wasn't an issue as we caught up and got to know a little more about each other.

We were able to save a few seats for the late-comers in our group, but you can tell from the look on our faces that we were just excited to be there in estrogen mania! Well, it did get a little out of hand once the movie started, but that's what you get at midnight showings; crazed fans.


We were joined up a little later by the rest of the group that were smarter and actually helped put their kiddies to bed that night.


The movie was wicked awesome and SO much better than the first one (which I still own and watch occasionally...) I can't wait to go to it again, and this time hopefully the audience won't be full of weirdies that start giggling as soon as one of the lead male characters show up on screen. Really? No, our group wasn't a part of that, but come on.

Chris liked the whole Underworld saga because of the vampire vs. werewolf conflict, so me-thinks that I'll be able to convince him to attend a showing with me...maybe as a birthday present!

We just need to make sure we hit a matinee or early showing, because it's taken me over two days to recover from going to bed so late. Sitting in those chairs for so long really messed my kneecaps up.

I know, I'm lame. And a bit crazy to be attending a midnight showing knowing I'll be taking care of two VERY energetic toddlers the next day. But not as crazy as the people lined up for the next showing after our movie got out around 2:30 AM! That's spryness for you!

3 comments:

MrsMonicaLB said...

So not lame,as my girls would say.Sounds like you all had a great time! My daughters and all their friends loved it and can't wait for the next one.

Slamdunk said...

Three hours early? haha. For guys, the only equivalent would be the 3 hours of waiting prior to the Super Bowl.

Glad you all had a fun time.

Because of Love said...

It was really good! I think it would have been fun to see it at the midnight show. I am sure that was fun with everyone all excited. I waited till Saturday... I was kinda suprised that the theater wasn't packed. It was full, but not crazy. And we only had to wait for 30 minutes. Don't know if I could have done 3hrs!