Sunday, November 8, 2009

ADD leaf raking

Wednesday was one of those gorgeous fall days that I could not stay inside, so I took advantage of the kiddies nap time and decided to rake some leaves.

I happily started a pile, only to see in my peripheral a better grouping of leaves to rake, so I'd start on that one, then get distracted again in sweeping leaves off with my big broom onto the sidewalk into the lawn to then rake up, etc, etc, etc....


I've concluded that I get ADD when I rake leaves.

Once the kiddies woke up from their naps, they thought my ADD piles were just for them, so who am I to burst their bubbles?!

Eliza enjoying her very own leaf pile...which she then "blended" in to "Seth's" after running back and forth between them.

Since the last post on the tree , I've had a neighbor fill 4 big bags full to spread as compost on their garden, gave juevenile detention kids something to do by raking our leaves and our widow neighbor's, and had the kiddies test out the piles. It's pretty easy to figure out which group had the most fun.

It's raining leaves, hallelujah, it's raining leaves!

Seth's display of sweet karate moves to prove to the leaves who's boss. And yes, that's the broom in the background I used during the ADD raking.


Scooping up the leaves like big brother!



Seth thought it would be cool to bury Eliza, and not suprisingly, she was all for it!

The funnel of leaves in our driveway even brought over one of the neighbor kiddies because it's so fun! Our neighbor friend calls it the "swimming pool" and informed me not to rake it up...yeah, it's still there.
With all the volunteer work, one could conclude that the leaves are almost off the tree and the fun is nearly done. Nope. Still lots of potential leaf piles, service projects, and compost for gardens left to be had!

3 comments:

Momma Val said...

Ha! That's so cute. Oh, and don't feel bad about the ADD. I don't think I suffer from it clinically, BUT I think sometimes I get that way when attempting to get stuff done. All depends on what I'm doing, how tired I am, how BIG the job is, etc. Hey, do you have a bunch of neighbors that rake all their leaves to the curbway and leave them there for nobody to pick up? What is up with that? Don't.Get.It!

MrsMonicaLB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MrsMonicaLB said...

the raking must lull you into a trance.
to be little again and have fun with just leaves,what a life!
the kids look like they are having a blast,those are great pics.

ps i double entered my comment thats why i deleted the first one!