
Eliza hated getting her fairy princess costume on, thought putting shiny make-up on was cool until Mommy insisted on doing it herself, and refused to sit still long enough for us to do her crazy woodland hair.
Speaking of which, I had SO many different ideas to do curls, ribbons, flowers, etc..., but this is as good as it got for something "different" after some serious prima donna temper tantrums. She looks like an angry punk rocker, not a woodland fairy. Arrgghhh!
We were able to thoroughly cover her with glitter though, much to Chris's chagrin. She left a pixy dust trail wherever she went!
Getting presentable, which wasn't fun for ANYONE involved!
Seth's rockin' Tony Stark goatee. Like the steam carpet cleaner behind him? Everytime I intend to bring it back to my parent's home, I discover more mysterious spots on the carpet. Which is why it's still in my bedroom. Uhh, sorry for the tangent. Back to Halloween!
Trying to console the princess, who was putting on airs by now. She put pink cream blush in her hair as I was trying to get another part of her costume together, so it worked for the day but was totally unintentional (and further added to the punk rock look).Well, we finally got out the door and to Storytime!
Seth eagerly sat right down, ready for some singing, dancing, and stories. Until other boys dressed as superheroes entered the room and "battle buddies" became much more entertaining.
Eliza kept her cute fairy wings on approximately the time it took to take this picture.
Showing some sweet moves next to Eeyore, cool biker dudes, fairy princesses that actually keep their wings ON, etc...
My little social butterfly didn't need wings to thoroughly enjoy herself though as she admired the other costumes (and a little girl's baby doll)
Doing the hokey pokey (Halloween version) front and center!
Eliza then decided she could do the conducting better so she decided to really get front and center and join the librarians on the stage (I tell you what, that princess complex that came with the dress should have come with a refund!)
Offering her "input" as they moved on to dancing, which Eliza then thought she was in charge of.

Finally settling down for some awesome stories. Being the bookworm that I am, I fell in love with Storytime all over again when they handed out free books to those that arrived (storytime's a free activity provided by the library every week) that were seriously awesome. Like this one:

Mommy! by Maurice Sendak.
Eliza kept her cute fairy wings on approximately the time it took to take this picture.
Showing some sweet moves next to Eeyore, cool biker dudes, fairy princesses that actually keep their wings ON, etc...
My little social butterfly didn't need wings to thoroughly enjoy herself though as she admired the other costumes (and a little girl's baby doll)
Doing the hokey pokey (Halloween version) front and center!
Eliza then decided she could do the conducting better so she decided to really get front and center and join the librarians on the stage (I tell you what, that princess complex that came with the dress should have come with a refund!)
Offering her "input" as they moved on to dancing, which Eliza then thought she was in charge of.
Finally settling down for some awesome stories. Being the bookworm that I am, I fell in love with Storytime all over again when they handed out free books to those that arrived (storytime's a free activity provided by the library every week) that were seriously awesome. Like this one:

Mommy! by Maurice Sendak.
This book keeps even the most active toddlers entertained for longer than 10 minutes (if you don't mind looking at the book over and over again, but who doesn't love pop-up books?!)
Well, we took a breather for a few hours before the next Halloween event.
***********************************************
Finally, Halloween came and the kiddies were tired of putting on their costumes. Strike that, Eliza was tired of putting on her fairy dress, especially this last time because we had layers of clothes under the already semi-snug dress and she had had enough.

But doesn't she look cute?! It makes it all worth it in the end, especially since the kiddies got some SWEET booty of candy that Chris and I have called first dibs on.
****************************************************
We then had "trunk-or-treating" that evening at the church building, but I thought Chris had grabbed the camera while he thought I had grabbed it...so, yeah, no pictures of that activity.
Just imagine what happens when a gym full of little boys in superhero costumes get together, girls wear princess dresses and act the part, while parents became rednecks, cave people, G.I. Joe (hmm, I wonder who that duo could have been?!) or Death, complete with painting stilts and a 12 foot black robe covering his whole frame. Sugar highs and loud meltdowns which weren't ALWAYS from my kids. It was a successful evening.
***************************************************
Friday morning was Music Makers, so again, the costumes were donned, princess tantrums occurred which resulted in another event without a camera. Other moms were smarter so hopefully I'll be able to glean from them!
That evening we spent with Chris's family (NO costumes! YAY!) carving pumpkins, making foam haunted houses, eating "spooky" food, and being mesmerized by the witch's brew of dry ice in a plastic cauldron.
Friday morning was Music Makers, so again, the costumes were donned, princess tantrums occurred which resulted in another event without a camera. Other moms were smarter so hopefully I'll be able to glean from them!
That evening we spent with Chris's family (NO costumes! YAY!) carving pumpkins, making foam haunted houses, eating "spooky" food, and being mesmerized by the witch's brew of dry ice in a plastic cauldron.
The last one was seriously the highlight of the whole evening as Chris's mom stated, "Well, that's the best five bucks I've ever spent!" as we all huddled over the fog billowing from the bubbling water.
***********************************************
Finally, Halloween came and the kiddies were tired of putting on their costumes. Strike that, Eliza was tired of putting on her fairy dress, especially this last time because we had layers of clothes under the already semi-snug dress and she had had enough.

But doesn't she look cute?! It makes it all worth it in the end, especially since the kiddies got some SWEET booty of candy that Chris and I have called first dibs on.
Showing off the pumpkins and getting ready for some trick-or-treating. Seth just loved being Iron Man and the only struggle we had with his suit was getting it off to go potty in time (no mishaps because Iron Man is a big boy!)
I hope Halloween was memorable for you too!




6 comments:
Awwww! That was cute. Looks like everyone had fun. AND thanks to my blog pal Natalie that did include the meltdowns in her Halloween post, who has once again made me feel very, very, normal after our Halloween meltdown fun. Loved Halloween, but very done til next year :) Hey'd ya get my e-mail about the host of Design Remix? I'm giving you an award but my post will not go up til 9:30 central time today, oops! Enjoy!
Ha! You did have a busy Halloween. Love how you talked about her princess complex that came with the dress. Made me laugh.
Great pictures--I am a big storytime fan as well.
We had a princess in the family as well. The Mrs. had her brother dress-up as a horse to represent the horse pulling the Princess' carriage. Unfortunately, the all day rain was not good for the cardboard box carriage.
they are so cute!great pictures and you sure have been very busy!i miss those times when my kids were little and i could pick their costumes and put make up on them,now forget it!so cherish these times.
I wanted to be a witch troll,but I couldnt get my hair to stand up so I settled for just being a witch.LOL
Cute Pics! I like the one at story time with Chris in the background looking all spaced out. I'm totally jealous of the cool free pop-up book. We need to start going to story time.
Too absolutely fun!! I love that you guys had a storytime and that Eliza wanted to be the leader :) I think melt downs are normal. My 2 year old wanted nothing to do with his costume- good thing we only had to put it on once :)
Post a Comment