Monday, March 9, 2009

Natalie's an Andrew Sister

Take a gander at what I'll be lip synching March 21st at the Rigby Stake Roadshow:

The title of the roadshow is Goldie Oldies in which each ward has a decade to represent.

As you gathered from the jivey oldie above, we're lucky enough to represent the 1940s, and music that was most prevalent during that time were WWII inspired tunes to boost the troop's morale. The Andrew Sisters were famous for that, and I'm sure that you've heard The Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy before, but it's a bit intimidating to sing and dance to such a fast song!

I tell you what, during the rehearsals, we have the stage lights on, and by the time we've run through the 2 1/2 minute song for over an hour, you work up quite a workout. It'd be a great aerobic routine!

Anyways, if you're in the area, PLEASE come support me March 21st one one of the two performances: either at 3:00p.m. or 6:00p.m. It won't be so scary to perform if I see familiar faces in the audience, and sometimes the larger the crowd, the more fun the performance.

I just hope my envelope hat stays in place, my skirt doesn't fly up to reveal a little TOO much of me, and I don't fall on my face in my heels. I'm SO nervous about all that could happen!!!!

At least I'm not doing the solo. I'm a back-up girl. A back-up girl that's missing the dress rehearsal because of a planned Girl's Only Weekend (more on THAT later!)

2 comments:

Somer said...

Natalie, I'm excited to see your performance! It turns out we will be in town that weekend, so I'll be there!

The Duckers said...

I will like to be able to go. can you bring kids? I'll just need somer or jen to remind me or something! :o) I look forward to seeing you in action!