Monday, March 2, 2009

Eliza's Chompers, Part II

Eliza has been continuously teething ever since she turned 7 months old. She'll be 10 months old this Thursday, and currently has 6 teeth that have completely come through.

If her teeth were cooperative, she'd actually have almost 12 teeth showing, but they like to play Peek-a-Boo and then hide back in her gums! This teething teasing has led to a complete anarchy of routine for bed-time and non-existant sleeping through the night.

As shocking as it may be to most people that see Eliza during the daytime (in which she's all smiles and happiness), she shrills like a banshee every time she wakes up in the night. Because she's a girl, she's VERY good at dramatizing things and makes the saddest (but cutest) faces when she's grumpy.

If I wasn't so sleepy, I'd get the biggest kick out of her little eyes staring out over her crib waiting for someone to rescue her from her misery (or at least sympathize with her). She shares the same room with Seth, so sometimes when he wakes up in the middle of the night crying out for "Eggs, Ham!" (aka Dr. Seuss's Green Eggs and Ham) or a drink, she suddenly remembers that her teeth are hurting her so she wakes up as well. Sigh.

All I can say is that it's a good thing Seth's such a deep sleeper! He usually has no clue that anyone gets up in the middle of the night, including himself...

1 comment:

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

OUCH!!! Teeth :S

Yeah I am totally worried about that. I am a DEEP Sleeper. Luckily Austin is a very LIGHT sleeper. So he will have to wake up when we have babies (ha ha ha ha) just kidding, he will wake up long enough to make sure I wake up for the babies I am sure.... But yeah I will be known as the worlds worst mom. Sleeping while her children are screaming in hunger in the middle of the night.

Hopefully I will be able to wake up to them :S

Love ya!