Here's some of the relatives: l-r Hinckley who belongs to Bethany (almost hidden behind) Sharla holding Avery, Kayla, Robbie, Kenna, Seth, Me holding Eliza, Tanis, and Tasha holding Tanis's daughter Baylee.
Eliza loves her girlfriends. Above I'm trying to get a picture of this awesome scowl Baylee gives whenever you make eye contact with her. It's adorable (but mortifies Tanis because she looks "mean").
Baylee Cherry, Avery Mann, Eliza Martin behind their Great-Grandma Cox. Aren't they precious?!
And then we had awesome food...I made the main dish of pulled pork sandwiches, Robbie brought the rolls, Kenna the punch (which ROCKED!), Kayla & Sharla side dishes and delicious dessert from Tanis. It was all a huge success and recipes were swapped (typical).
OK, I can NOT take credit for this delicious recipe of sweet shredded pork with cilantro lime slaw. Thanks Melissa! It was a HUGE success!
My favorite is the slaw and how flavorful it is. I've had the pork n slaw combo on rolls, herbed italian bread, fried corn tortillas and flour ones, and think it's great on it all (Chris was my taste-tester a few days before and he also liked the slaw the best, so there you go from a guy's perspective, particularly a guy that LOVES anything spicy. The slaw had some heat to it!)
I just love eating great food... It's even better when shared with amazing company!


2 comments:
I got those pepper chips the other day, and they're good, but if you love the heat, the jalapeno ones ROCK! Those are the favorite ones in the Ducker house, and if you like heat, you need to come get the recipe for smothered burritos. Dorian loves these, and there is def. heat there. enough heat that I wouldn't feed very much sauce to my kids, and I feed them almost anything spicy.
Your get together looked like a lot of fun! Cute little girls! Is grandma's hair blue?
And, do you feel like sharing what the punch was??
Green eggs.
How did the gym go?
Post a Comment