This is a tale about my right eye. It's been such a good eye my whole life, but for some reason, bad things keep happening to it around the holidays.
It all started back in 2007 right before Christmas. I was on my way to join with the rest of the Lee side of my family to the winter wonderland of West Piney Lodge where we were going to celebrate Christmas. We left late after discovering the first flat tire I've ever had (but that's ANOTHER story for another time), so by the time we left for Targhee National Forest, the night had fallen and the Christmas lights came on.
It was wonderful looking at them while sitting next to Seth. We'd point out one more spectacular then the rest....until my eye got in the way of Seth's pointing finger. It stung mighty fierce, but I didn't let it get me down, thinking it would go away soon. And it did, two and half days later while looking like an eye amputee with Seth's ear band strategically placed over my eye to keep it less mobile.
What was really hard was that for some of my new relatives, this was our first chance to really get to know each other, and I had a home-made eye patch on that poofed my hair like something bad out of the 80s while my right eye kept weeping, which in turn made my nose run. Sexy.
Well, first impressions were forever made and I was at least able to partly see come Christmas morning. I vowed I would be very careful with Seth's inquisitive fingers and not let them come anywhere near my eye.
Fast forward to Christmas season, 2008. A STY decided to visit and camp out on my upper eyelid of my poor right eye, making itself at home while my eye started to swell and get inflamed. All during my birthday and going into my anniversary. Sexy yet again.
Well, the new year came and my eye slowly stopped getting picked on and was getting better. In fact, I was thinking that exact thing as I read One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish to Seth for the upteenth time. I had the book memorized over a year ago, so my mind was free to wander as I spouted off the antics of Gox that are fun to box and Ying's that like to sing.
I was so happy for the comfort my right eye was feeling, I let Seth cozy in a bit closer to hear the wonderful tale of taking a look at the book on a hook of the nook, and as he raised his arm to lounge through the rest of the story, scccrraattccchhh.....right across my eyeball.
NOOOO!!!!! I was just recovering!!!
Well, three antibiotics, one doctor's visit and a partridge in a pear tree later, I'm typing this Ode to my Eye. May it find better luck the rest of the year!
How can you avoid Unnecessary interventions?
5 years ago


2 comments:
I'm so sorry about your eye! Those are the worst injuries it seems. And, I feel ya with the Stye thing. I've had about 4 REALLY bad ones that stay a lump (not sore by this time) for about 6 months. That, my friend, looks really HOT!
I love it when people ask what's wrong with your eye....like you're the hunchback!
I hope you recover quickly. You'd better be careful, you might go blind! (knock on wood)
HA HA OH NO!!! I am sorry!!
I remember your little patch and Floof hair :) I will remember you that way FOREVER!!
(totally kidding - I didnt think you had a patch.... and did your hair poof???? I did remember your eye hurting but not the other stuff. anyway....)
So sorry about your eye... again.
Post a Comment