Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Well, as a joint family new year resolution, the Martin clan (through Chris's suggestion) will be on time to whatever the event may be. I thought that if I mentioned it in a post, I would be more motivated in making it work.

And for a more personal new year's resolution, I want to try to not be so hard on myself. I beat myself up mentally whenever I don't meet my own outrageous expectations. I feel that with my college degree and choice to be a stay-at-home I have no excuse for not being a "Donna Reed" incarnate.

Chris has told me from the beginning that he never expected me to be anything more than what I already am. I guess that at times I still don't know who I should be at this stage in my life, but I CAN be happy with where I'm at instead of where I should be.

I think that I've taken it too personally to try to be a better version of myself and get frustrated with any downfalls that I have and try to convince myself that it's unacceptable to have weaknesses, which is utterly ridiculous.

Well, it's a tough resolution to make, but at least I'll be trying on NOT trying so hard (hopefully it doesn't cancel itself out!) And, I'll be on time to things!

3 comments:

The Duckers said...

Just in case, here's the next chapter update for seducing Ms. Swan!!!


http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4425217/13/

Good luck with those resolutions!! I never make any because I never follow through for more than a week! AND THEN, I would be beating up on myself and being to hard on myself. :o)

Jen and Sam said...

Happy New Year!

One thing that may help is to remember that Donna Reed was playing a character. I would love to meet a real mom/wife who can live up to those expectations! You are a great person and your family is very lucky to have you!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

Good luck!

We have a simple one. GET TO CHURCH ON TIME! We will see.... we made it the first sunday :)