Yesterday during dinner, mom was mentioning a couch she was looking at and thought it was too modern. She described it to me and I said that it reminded me of something from the 80's (The picture to the right is a rough example of what she was telling me about).
Matt was still finishing his dinner as well, so he thought he'd give his two cent's worth of opinion by stating, "If it's from the 80's, how can it be modern?"
I just looked at him and then started to laugh. Mom started to chuckle a bit, but then Matt really looked confused and said, "Why is that funny?" I started laughing harder as he just stared at me waiting for a "logical" response.
I kept laughing as I tried to explain to him furniture styles, but I could tell that I lost him when I told him the chair he was sitting on was traditional and modern can start anywhere from the 1920's on. He decided he had enough confusion for the day, got bored and left the table to join Dad in what he was familiar with; watching football on TV.
I guess in his defense, he knows what he knows and if someone were to ask me what teams were playing on TV and which player did what, I'd give them the exact same look of confusion Matt gave me. Well, maybe. Football's not that hard to figure out. I just find it boring.


No comments:
Post a Comment