Wasn't she beautiful?!Not many can say that they've been introduced to Amelia Earhart, met multiple U.S. Presidents during their inaugural ball (she didn't care for LBJ, thinks that Nixon's had a bad rap but was actually very polite and recalled the green dye from her shoes staining the carpets during Kennedy's ball) and entertained other notable persons in her home (she was an AMAZING cook!).
Donna Paul-Jackson also lived long enough to meet her first great-great grandchild, Seth at the last family reunion held every 3 years.

She had more great-greats,but I'm pretty proud of the fact that Seth was the FIRST! Eliza's actually the first great-great granddaughter as well, but sadly Great-Grandma never got to meet her.
Donna has hundreds of posterity living now that will be attending the Paul reunion this year, amongst whom are doctors, architects, politicians (my cousin is married to one of Mitt Romney's sons), CEOs and even a professional singer like my 2nd cousin Benton Paul.
He's opened for a few pretty popular people:

He's a fave all over right now. And I'm related to him. ;)Going back to my Great-Grandma (sorry, I've been wanting to do a shout-out about Benton for awhile now) she passed away amongst family in her own home, and I'm honestly not as sad as I thought I would be simply because of the full life she's had.
She's with her sweetheart now, who passed away when I was only one, Dewitt Paul (I live next to his childhood home):
His father sold his struggling grocery business in Rigby to Charles Broulim, which is currently a really popular grocery business in the area.Great Grandma had two girls, though my Aunt Diana passed away as a toddler. My Grandma Lee is the 2nd oldest in the family, like me, with 5 brothers, like me.
If anyone's lived a full life, it would be my Great Grandma, which is the best a person can do with the time they have on earth.

You'll be missed, but no one could EVER forget you once they've had the good fortune to have met you!



3 comments:
:( I am sorry about your loss, but it does sound like she had a fabulous life. And I love the old time pics!
Sorry to hear about your loss. What a wonderful tribute with your blog post.
I'm sorry about your great-grandma, but it sounds like she lived a wonderful life. Let me know if you need anything!
Post a Comment