Sunday, July 12, 2009

Behold...the after!!!!

Remember the before? Well, here's the after of the Martin Cottage:

The FINAL color (I was still adding samples to the house as they were taping up the windows) is Mark Twain House Olive from Valspar.


The garage still needs to be painted as well as a fresh coat on some of the trim, but it looks SO much better than before! Plus, you can see a little more of the amazing green.

I had to throw in a few pics of the fam. Eliza thought she was pretty clever getting up on Seth's camping chair by herself while we were all admiring the handy work.

The side, which just needs a new light fixture and then will be done!

The back, and my garden's coming up nicely in places and is a little sad in others, but let's not ruin the moment.

Chris getting a refreshing drink from the hose....and then squirting the kids which Eliza absolutely LOVED!

Uh, oh! They're OK, but it just goes to prove that two aren't meant to ride on a little caterpillar buggy.
Like, father, like son. Check out Chris's AWESOME sunburn! It's already turning into a tan, and it hasn't even been 48 hours yet. Lame. All I do is freckle.

Seth kicked Eliza off when he righted our neighbor's buggy, so she decided to go play in a puddle, can you tell?!

Uh....I don't really know why Seth decided it would be cool to look like an orangutan, but whatever. That's my boy, for ya!

Eliza took advantage of the orangutan moves and jumped back on the buggy. Sly girl!

She seriously loves her lamby, as gross as it may look. It's with her EVERYWHERE (except when I gave it a "bath" while she was playing with Seth the next morning. She didn't even realize it looked and smelled cleaner)


Well, there you go. I hope you could see the awesome job my man did with my new best friend, Landon. He also works with Chris, so I have even more of a reason to pop by work unexpectedly!
There were some inbetween shots taken as well, but Landon took those and I need to get copies from him, so stay tuned for more of the fun!

10 comments:

Brandon,J'lene, Kamiah,Braelyn, Chelsea, Aussie said...

Your house looks great I agree some windowsill flower boxes would look cute under your windows I can't wait to see them and the arbor to go over the door way!! Your kids are a hoot!!

Jen and Sam said...

We drove by after you had painted it and I love it!! Chris did a great job and was so quick:) And I think that the windowsill boxes will finish it off nicely.

DNF (Hammer) said...

The house and kidlets look great! We cant wait to hang out with you guys at the reunion.

-oh, and its kinda fun to see the patrol car parked out front

jamie

Andrew and Marie Harris said...

Looks great! I'm going to have to drive by tomorrow to check it out.

Slamdunk said...

Nice work on your house's new look. We did not have time for our garden this year. Oh well, maybe next spring.

Brittany said...

It looks great! Way to go!

Scott and Stacia said...

The picture of Seth and Chris is super cute. I love how Seth even crossed his legs like his daddy. Great job on the house! Enjoy!

KT said...

It is very much good.

Lynne said...

I think you should have painted it bright blue like the house just down the street from you! That would be awesome! ANd I love the pic of Chris and Seth just realxin!

Natalie said...

Thanks for all the comments and local drive-bys! And Lynne, I was half-tempted to take a pic of the blue house and post it as a fake of our house since they're about the same size, but I'm not clever enough to pull it off (and it may not be legal to take a picture of someone else's home). Oh,well. Have you noticed the blue house glows on the house next to it?! Sheesh.