Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving!!

Well, yet another bounteous Thanksgiving has gone by and I feel SO thankful for where I'm at in my life right now: I have a loving husband that sacrifices so he can take care of his family, two wonderful children that are healthy and happy (unless naptime or dinner is overdue, and then no one wants to be around them!), I have an adorable house that's slowly coming together in my own style and taste, and countless other blessings that would take up WAY too much room on my blog!

So, without further ado, I give you: Thanksgiving--A Photo Opportunity



Chris and I were in charge of the relish trays. Check out the size of the black olives compared to the green ones!


Chris made his favorite-lemon meringue pie-all by himself. He's not proud, is he?!


Nathan trying to get some food from mom before the feast could begin. Sigh.


What Seth was doing while the feast preparations were in full force. SUCH a relief because he likes to "help" and "sample" but usually just makes big messes and ruins his appetite (all while being VERY loud)!


Isn't Eliza adorable?! Yeah, we'll keep her.

The following are of the Cox boys, and don't they look thrilled to be alive?!

Brandon was walking by me while giving me the look of death


Matt excitedly watching a football game (blue turf...only one team that I know with that for their playing field and yes, they won)


Dad's stimulating conversation on the weather was interrupted with a picture snap.


Nathan, after being kicked out of the kitchen because of "sampling," decided to do a photo shoot with Eliza.

And on to the feast!!!!

I'm reading the instructions for our mashed potatoes.


Yes, those are dehyrdrated potato buds and we live in the state of "Famous Potatoes" Idaho. Don't ask.


I got up to take a picture of the table and fam before the boys completely inhaled their food. Chris was getting his plate, and if you can tell, Seth took full advantage of having both parents MIA and tried to escape, but Chris's police officer skills came in handy...


I think the picture speaks for itself.


Aren't Seth's table manners impressive?! He mostly ate olives, pickles, cheese slices and smoked sausage...not really a Thanksgiving feast but he was happy! He's reaching for (another) slice of the smoked sausage.


My feast! The turkey was cooked the "British way:" upside down which eliminates basting with strips of bacon and orange slices wrapped on it and a quartered onion inside it-SO moist and flavorful (we used the bacon in a salad a few days later and it was WAY yummy!)

May you all have been as blessed as I was (and hopefully you didn't have to do TOO many dishes!)

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm drooling!

Jen and Sam said...

Looks great Natalie!! I never heard of making a turkey like that it sounds yummy!!