Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sneaky Little Leprechauns!

Yet another St. Patrick's Day has come and gone in the Martin Household, and what a busy day it was for us!


I wanted to do something fun with the fact that we were all wearing green that day, so I called some leprechauns (by randomly pushing numbers on the phone and having a one-sided conversation) to ask them to leave us some green clothes.

Well, with all the hubbub of the day, the house was a bit messy, so I incorporated that and had the leprechauns play some mischief on us, since that's what leprechauns do, dontcha know! ;)

They "called back" and told me they left a trail for us to find the shirts. I told Seth (Eliza was too busy pretending she was a princess and singing to herself to care) and off we went.

He was hoping for "gold" but I told him the leprechauns like to play tricks, so we spotted a different kind of trail...

Picking up the mess of green clothes the leprechauns used as a trick to find our green shirts they "left" for us.
Seth was so excited he couldn't sit still long enough for me to get a non-blurry picture of him holding up his lego batman shirt the leprechauns left him. He loves to play that xbox game with Chris! Oh, and ignore the winter box mess behind him. I told you the house was messy!

Still not the most clear picture, but you can tell that he was pleased with his "leprechaun trick" shirt.


The family's green shirts! Seth recognized Chris's Green Lantern shirt, and got the biggest kick that they "stole" it from his closet to match with the rest of the family's green attire.


It was an impromptu bit o' fun that we may incorporate every year from now on!

One tradition I look forward to every year is making corned beef and cabbage supper in the crockpot. I usually pick up the corned beef brisket at least a week in advance, but this year we had one thing going after another, so I kept putting it off and putting it off until Thursday rolled around and finally popped into the grocery store, only to learn they had been out of corned beef brisket for a few days by then. ARGH!!!

No comments: