Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Very Study Club Christmas

One of the highlights of the whole year in Study Club is the Christmas Social. We eat amazing food, get a chance to invite our hubbies to one of our girl's club functions, and always blessed with amazing entertainment.

It takes place in a fellow member's home (it changes every year), and she had it decorated grandly before we even got there to set up.



This year, I was on the committee to pull off the major event, and boy, was it just that!
After setting up the tables a few days earlier, I was mostly in charge of the salad with another Study Club gal (you can just see our yummy pear, pomegranate and bleu cheese with candied walnuts and crumbled bacon salads in the above picture).



I have to admit though, I kept getting distracted as a member of the committee with all the decor surrounding me.
She had Christmas trees everywhere, but my favorite was this fat one above in her basement.

This tree she keeps decorated all-year-round with bright fruit and flowers.


But what's a Christmas party without a little snow village?


Or snow room full of stuffed bears?!


Or be accompanied by Christmas elves as the centerpiece?! I love it all!




Even Santa got in on the holiday action. ;)

We had a delicious dinner of the festive salad I previously mentioned, prime rib, baked potato ('cuz that's how we roll in Idaho!), green bean casserole, orange rolls, and peppermint ice cream with hot fudge sauce and wafer. Mmmm....mmm...good!


As I said, everywhere you looked was another Christmas wonderland to enjoy with the food.



All in all, I relished in taking part in such a festive, cultured atmosphere...until Chris called with Liam screaming in the background as our attempt to see if he'll take a bottle epically failed.
Poor Chris! I made him a plate of the yummy food though, so he quickly forgave me. He also quickly forgave Liam after I finished feeding the poor baby as he looked at his Daddy apologetically, as if saying, "I love you Daddy. I'm sorry I was so sad for you, but you just don't have the goods!"

No comments: