Friday, June 18, 2010

First Day at the IBC

The much anticipated June 9-12 Conference had finally arrived, and I could hardly sleep the night before because I was so excited and a bit nervous for the unknown.









The night before I was a bit worried because of the locking the keys in the house incident. It required that I crawl through my bedroom window at nine months pregnant (funny now, but pretty exasperating at the time!) much to Seth's amusement.



Wednesday morning I awoke and arrived nice and early to the City Library where Command Central was set up and begin manning the registration table.

Just ignore the water retention. Blach!

I also had to rely on other people's photo taking during pretty much the whole conference because of manning the registration table, but if I linked it right, you can check out our Conference Pictures on Facebook. Or just search in facebook for the "3rd International Babywearing Conference."


Classes began and I am still shellshock with the caliber of instructors that we had. Here's an on-line viewing of our Conference Program so you get a little feel for how supremely cool it was to be in the presence of such amazing people.


The day ended with our Keynote Speaker, Kelley Mason.




She was SUCH a fun person to get to know and extremely personable. I was a bit starstruck with how many baby carrier owners and VIP in the babywearing world came, but that's for the next post.

Stay tuned!

No comments: