Monday, April 13, 2009

Chocolate Bunnies are only a part of Easter

This weekend we were able to spread the Easter goodness over two days. It was the first time I brought the kids to the park for the annual egg hunt, and it's definitely something we'll be doing from now on!

Seth was totally stoked to get chocolate bunnies, but I tried to explain to him that candy's only a small part about the holiday. He just looked at me like it was the MOST important part, and we've had to implement the "out of sight, out of mind" philosophy after getting candy from the Easter Egg hunt, the Easter basket from Nana and the goodies from Papas and Mom. Eliza is SO on the verge of walking. Mom came to help me at the park Saturday because Chris was conked out after 15 hours of a night shift (but he got some drunks in jail due to it, so that was fun for him!) The Easter Bunny came on the fire engine to the park and got pictures with kids. I didn't want to wait in line, so I told Seth to smile...Sigh.
Putting candy in the basket. Whenever we go to the park, I always tell him not to pick up the trash on the ground (he's my litter patrol) so it threw him for a loop that he was being allowed to pick up the candy and not get in trouble for it. But hey, it's candy!!!
Mom helping Eliza. She just couldn't believe that so many people could be in one area, so Eliza didn't know what to think!
Seth "smiling" again while Eliza was brooding about being stuck in her stroller as we walked home. It was SUCH a nice day!
Chris's family came over to our house that afternoon where we had an Easter basket hunt. I'm telling Eliza all about her fun goodies, but she was more interested in Seth's antics. He was still hyper from the Easter basket "hunt." Checking out the goods. All of the kids got little Easter bunnies (plush and fuzzy, and even a chocolate one, which Seth promptly ate the ears off after doing a little excited dance).
Some of Chris's family. He was taking the picture and trying to get the kids to look, but Eliza was too fascinated in her little cousin and Seth was mad that he had to sit for a picture, so this is as good as it got before they totally had enough.
.Chris's mom holding her two grand-daughters and their bunnies.


Seth at the park playing on the WWII gun. Yeah, he loves being a boy!


I didn't get around to taking pictures of the kids in their Easter outfits until late that evening.

Here's Eliza showing off that she can stand on her own now and look adorable. In fact, I think that her Easter dress has magical powers because she took 3 full steps in our hall before going to Mom and Dad's. She even paused and twirled in her dress a bit before taking one more step to hold onto the wall. She's such a show off!What can you do? I think she just got away with something, like ripping her bow out of her hair. She has a little cardigan to go with the dress, but she got food on it before I could take a pic.

Seth kept trying to make weird faces when I told him to smile so we could see his Easter outfit, so eventually I just told him to put his hand in his pocket. He has a stolen ping pong ball in the other hand while the college kids played in my parent's basement.
Well, you can barely see the cute bow that matched her dress here, but she was too busy trying to get to the camera.
I hope that you had a memorable Easter as well! We're just glad that Chris didn't have to work that day and got to share in the fun.

No comments: