At first, I wanted to think outside of the blog and post something historical about St. Valentine and why he became a saint after illegally marrying couples then brutally murdered for helping Christians, but that's incredibly boring for a blog post, and I won't do that to you.
Instead, I want to talk about my own personal Valentine.
The following are 10 things that I love about my husband, Christopher Lee Martin:
10. He loves his job, even if it means working with a bunch of weirdies that all eerily act the same. (go to his facebook page and you'll know what I mean)
9. He'll watch the History Channel before even thinking about going to a sports channel.
8. Despite my physical flaws that I see so rampantly, he thinks I'm the most beautiful woman on earth and tells me that all the time (except when I've gone too long not shaving my legs...)
7. He is a mighty slayer of mice, using militaristic strategies and traps to catch the objects I can't stand the most (I knew all those military games would come in handy somehow!)
6. He's not a picky eater, and will eat pretty much whatever I put in front of him...even if I "forgot" about it and all that's left is more charcoaled then food.
5. He let's me be a girly-girl. We definitely balance each other out as I'm full of estrogen and he's all testoterone.
4. He "gets" that I need to read before going to bed, even if it means using a flashlight so he can go to sleep for work the next day.
3. He knows that I love flowers, especially roses but not particularly red ones. He even arranged to have them sent to me periodically while he was on his mission, sending me over 12 dozen roses before we got married!





That's not even all of them (only 8 out of the 12) but you get the idea!
2. He is an amazingly loving and caring father. In fact, sometimes I have to call him during night shifts because the kiddies only want Daddy (or Hon, as Seth calls him) to put them to bed.
1. He is MY husband and wants me to be happy and satisfied in life before anything else.
Before this Valentine's Day I re-read this, which in my opinion is a must-read for any wife:
It reminded me that my husband would do anything for me, but if I nag and just focus on what he hasn't done, neither one of us will be happy.
It reminded me that my husband would do anything for me, but if I nag and just focus on what he hasn't done, neither one of us will be happy.
By simply letting him know that I appreciate who he is and thanking him for being my husband, I'm amazed at how much happier in marriage I am because I'm recognizing what a catch I got in my husband, rather than complaining that he doesn't appreciate that I'm a catch. What an oxymoron!
I hope that you can also see the blessings of your significant one in life and use the reminder of Valentine's Day to let your loved one know how much they mean to you. Chris will definitely know before the end of the weekend how grateful I am for him!


No comments:
Post a Comment