Monday, January 3, 2011

A Divine Resolution


Though I've already mentioned one resolution earlier, I felt that I needed a bit more to mark for 2011.

So, I decided to think with a more eternal perspective:

I want to read something spiritually edifying everyday.

I see this as a resolution that will continue to keep giving and blend into other character building aspects that I can always work better on.

I'm allowing myself to be realistic about this spiritual reading resolution as well, because reading a chapter from the Bible while raising extremely young (and energetic) children is achievable but not always easy.

Instead, my spiritual reading will be in many forms, from the scriptures to modern religious non-fiction and articles. Just reading isn't enough though. I plan to ponder and have a need or desire when reading to apply to a need in my life or for those around me.

So far I've been 100%, but it's also only been 3 days, one of them spent in church, so it hasn't been difficult.

I look forward to seeing how this resolution takes shape throughout the year! Good luck with your own New Year's Resolutions and may they last all year long!


No comments: