Saturday, July 31, 2010

Another Hospital Visit

Liam had meningitis.


He had flushed cheeks and felt feverish, but something seemed "off" so after a general doctor's visit, we went to the ER with a temperature of 101.4.

Urine, blood, and spinal tap tests were taken (NEVER want to go through that again, even if he never remembers any of it!) which sent us to the pediatric unit of the hospital.

Fortunately it was caught early enough that we were only there for a few days. I thanked the staff for doing such a great job, but told them I hope I never have to see them again.

4 comments:

Because of Love said...

oh my goodness! so glad he is ok. I am sure that was horrible for him and for you.

Mandi said...

Terrible! Happy to hear he is ok now. Strength!

mrs. fuzz said...

Ahhh! I just got caught up with your blog and it freaked me out to see that he had menengitis! So glad he's improving. And even though he was sick, he looks so incredibly adorable and handsome in his little bed. So sorry you had to deal with this stress!

Slamdunk said...

Sorry I am late with this one. Glad your little one is toughing it out. My prayers are with you all. Wow.